Re: Preparing a proposal for encoding a portable interpretable object code into Unicode (from Re: IUC 34 - call for participation open until May 26)

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 05:25:50 CDT

  • Next message: Michael Everson: "Re: Preparing a proposal for encoding a portable interpretable object code into Unicode (from Re: IUC 34 - call for participation open until May 26)"

    On 2 June 2010 10:51, William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009@btinternet.com> wrote:

    > I know of no reason to think that a person "skilled in the art" would be unable to write an iPad app to receive a program written in the portable interpretable object code arriving within a Unicode text message and then for the program to run in a virtual machine within the app

    You mean, you are proposing to encode characters that can be used to
    create plain text viruses -- nice!

    As has been repeatedly said, there is absoloutely no chance that the
    UTC or WG2 will accept (or even waste their time discussing) your
    proposal as it is totally out of scope for character encoding
    standards.

    Andrew