Re: Hexadecimal digits

From: William J Poser (wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2010 - 11:44:59 CDT

    >a letter to The Times from someone who, seriously,
    >felt that it would also be a good time to switch to teaching duodecimal
    >arithmetic in the schools.

    Many years ago, when I took Number Theory from the late, wonderful N.
    James Schoonmaker, he spent some time advocating the virtues of duodecimal
    and made us do all calculations for a week in duodecimal. He was, however,
    aware that the general public was unlikely to adopt it. He regarded the
    failure to use duodecimal more as a lost opportunity.

    Bill