Re: Overloading Unicode

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2010 - 19:36:42 CDT

    "SS" <sisrivas at blueyonder dot co dot uk> wrote:

    > There will need to be explanations for a scalable plan.
    > However, yes it is in use today, though not by the majority (yet).
    >
    > ie, u and uu matras legation is in contemporary (majority) use.
    > Non legated u and uu are also in use, but by minority at present.
    > Also, non-legated use of u and uu were the norm before it was changed
    > to legated form in or arround 1700AD.

    OK, if these are in serious and current use by a reasonable user base,
    extending beyond the active promoters of reform, then I retract my
    statement which lumped this request in with the other proposals.

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­