Most commonly used characters not in BMP

From: Frédéric Grosshans (frederic.grosshans@m4x.org)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 09:48:07 CDT

    Is there any data on the most commonly used characters which are not in
    BMP ?

    I have the impression that SMP characters are mainly used scholars
    (historic scripts and math symbols). However, I have no idea whether the
    SIP characters are mainly historical, or if they include not-so rare
    characters needed for name and/or chinese dialects.

            Frédéric Grosshans