Encoding colours, couleurs, colors in Unicode (from Re: Writing a proposal for an unusual script: SignWriting (colors))

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 03:55:46 CDT

    In relation to encoding colours in Unicode, it could be done.

    I tried an experimental encoding back in 2002.

    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/courtcol.htm

    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2002-m07/0210.html

    There was also some discussion at that time about the issue of chromatic fonts.

    I have continued to be interested in chromatic fonts and indeed I am surprised that chromatic fonts have not by now become a mainstream facility.

    Some readers might perhaps like to know of the following, which is a thread entitled "A possible chromatic font technology breakthrough".

    http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1969

    William Overington