Draft Proposal to encode the English Phonotypic Alphabet

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 08:23:07 CDT

    I have compiled a draft proposal to encode the English Phonotypic
    Alphabet (an extension of the Latin alphabet propagated from 1847 to
    at least 1888, to give English a "phonetic" spelling).
    The draft can be downloaded at:
     http://www.pentzlin.com/EPA_Proposal_Draft1.pdf (4.1 MB).
    The final proposal is intended to be submitted for the next UTC in
    August.

    Any comments are welcome.
    Especially, I like to know whether the way the "special casing" is
    handled is considered acceptable.

    - Karl Pentzlin