Re: [unicode] Re: Japanese Script

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Tue Jul 06 2010 - 23:59:15 CDT

    I guess your interest might have already moved
    other scripts, anyway I want to add a few comment.

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 20:11:06 -0700
    Tulasi <tulasird@gmail.com> wrote:
    >Suzuki-san -> http://www.jisc.go.jp/app/JPS/JPSO0020.html
    >
    >In JISC I could not see any name for any letter/symbol.
    >Am I missing something here?

    Yes, you missed. JIS X 0213:2000 p.67-136, there are the
    list of the names for the character. However, the names
    were imported from JIS X 0221 (Japanese translation of
    ISO/IEC 10646).

    Also JIS X 0208:1997 p.45-60, JIS X 0212:1990 p.4-8 have
    the lists of the names of the character. Their relationship
    between ISO/IEC 10646 is not described.

    However, as Doug had already pointed out, the name of
    characters do not help to discuss the subset of Unicode
    for "Japanese script". Now I'm not sure why you seek for
    the name of characters.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki