Re: Latin Script

From: Julian Bradfield (jcb+unicode@inf.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 05:34:59 CDT

    On 2010-07-14, Jonathan Rosenne <jr@qsm.co.il> wrote:
    > I would like to add, with respect to a concern you had raised a number of times, that although the Unicode Consortium is a private organization, ISO is an official inter-governmental organization.

    This is not true. ISO is a non-governmental organization (it even says
    so right on its "About ISO" web page).
    The UK government, for example, has no representation on ISO, as the
    UK government recognizes the BSI (a non-governmental body) as
    the standards body for the UK, and the BSI is the UK member of ISO.

    Scotland, with registration number SC005336.