Re: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 16:04:17 CDT

    > Already, fonts with Rupee symbol in MS Word
    > are released, and becoming popular:
    > http://blog.foradian.com/rupee-font-version-20

    Here is a deathless quote from this site:

    "Please note that we can use the rupee symbol globally only after
    unicode approves it. With this launch we have proved that, *if all of us
    work together, we don't have to wait for anyone else to approve the
    symbol to start using it.* If we start using it others wil have to
    follow."

    To hell with standards! Grass-roots hacking r00lz!

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­