RE: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen (eik@iki.fi)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 05:22:49 CDT

    Michael,

    I should have thought that the Indian rupee issue is important enough to
    warrant a proposal of its own instead of it being muffled by a totally
    unrelated and highly questionable request for a glyph change. That way the
    crisp proposal could also have been forwarded to all relevant parties
    without bringing into their special attention a past instance where the
    homework (on a currency symbol!) had not been done properly. I suspect that
    you combined them for the express purpose of possibly getting the drachma
    issue for discussion in a more positive connection.

    Sincerely, Erkki