Re: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 15:57:24 CDT

    On 19 Jul 2010, at 21:50, Tulasi wrote:

    >> there is no reason why both Unicode and ISO could not nor should not conduct an e-mail vote on Michael's proposal and be done with it.
    >
    > I do not recommend haste/rush.

    You don't remember the encoding of the EURO SIGN, as many of us do.

    > Michael has uploaded the proposal at mid-night 23:39 HRS.

    What of it? I am in one time zone, and the L2 and WG2 registries are in another.

    > What if there were other proposals submitted to Unicode on that day?

    For what?

    > Submitted none is great!

    I do not know what you mean.

    > If not I am afraid, it will raise questions on Unicode's professional-moral.

    What I did in writing the proposal and submitting it in a timely fashion, and in telling some of the Indian websites about it, may help to prevent a misuse of the existing RUPEE SIGN.

    This is called "being responsive". And I did the same thing with the HRYVNIA SIGN, and the TENGE SIGN, and I shall do so with the RUBLE SIGN when it solifies.