Re: Indian Rupee Sign (U+20B9) proposal

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 05:24:58 CDT

    -On [20100720 12:21], Siji Sunny (sijisunny@gmail.com) wrote:
    >20A8 Rs RUPEE SIGN
    > 09F3 ৳  bengali rupee sign
    >0AF1 ૱  gujarati rupee sign
    >0BF9 ௹   tamil rupee sign
    >
    >So what will happens to the above mentioned glyphs and their unicode values?
    >
    >Why can't use any of the unicode value for the new rupee sign?

    I can see the glyph being used in U+20A8, but definitely not the other ones.
    You have historical reasons for keeping the others around. Especially if you
    want to ensure older documents can be represented the way they should.

    But maybe I'm off the mark here.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    Don't fear dying, fear never having loved...