Submit nominations for the Unicode Bulldog Award

From: announcements@unicode.org
Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 17:02:05 CDT

    The Unicode Consortium sponsors an annual award for outstanding personal contributions to the philosophy and dissemination of the Unicode Standard. Known as the "Bulldog Award," it is presented at the Unicode conference to recognize "those tenacious champions of Unicode who have produced solid achievements in promoting its use around the globe".

    The Consortium invites the Unicode community to nominate up to two people they believe are most deserving of this award. Nominations should include a brief rationale why the candidate would be a good choice. Please check http://unicode.org/conference/bulldog.html to see a list of past winners. Executive officers and staff of the Unicode Consortium are not eligible for the award. Send nominations to magda@unicode.org<mailto:magda@unicode.org> with "Bulldog Award nomination" in the subject line by August 22, 2010.

    ----
    All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
    or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
    users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
    this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
    see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements