Re: Why not just change the glyph of 20A8 RUPEE SIGN?

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 03:37:57 CDT

    Actually, while it's quite probable that the sign won't be used by any other
    currency, I believe there would be no way to prevent that. Cf. the usage of
    $ all over the world. I believe, other nations using a rupee _could_ adopt
    it.
    Having all that said, I don't believe though, as all recent movements of
    changing currency symbols aim at establishing a unique identity. Adopting a
    foreign country's sign would not fulfill this goal.

    /Sz