Re: Indian new rupee sign

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 21:34:46 CDT

    Peter Constable said on Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 01:09:32AM +0000,:

    > > a claim of IPR of any kind, and unhindered use are incompatible.
    >
    > Are you saying that in your capacity as an IPR lawyer? ;-)

    No. I am no longer a laweyr for past 5 years, I am in employment.

    > If the owner of IP grants unhindered use, they are not incompatible.

    Definitely, you are correct.

    Question is, is such an explicit permission necessary?

    If I call myself "Mahesh", do I need to grant an explicit license to
    enable you to address me as "Mahesh" in a public forum?

    If "Mahesh" was substituted with a symbol, would it make any
    differentce? There is no need, IMHO.

    Philippe was suggesting otherwise, in spite of Govt. of India's
    proposal.

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://[paivakil|fizzard].blogspot.com
    Man's most judicious trait, is a good sense of what not to believe.