Re: Draft Proposal to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters

From: John W Kennedy (jwkenne@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 11:43:08 CDT

    On Aug 4, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Andreas Stötzner wrote:

    > Am 03.08.2010 um 02:47 schrieb David Starner:
    >
    >> Fraktur and Antiqua are different writing
    >> systems with slightly different orthographies
    >
    > No. Fraktur and Antiqua are two (of many) different renderings of the Latin writing system.

    The two propositions are not mutually exclusive. And it /is/ true that, at least at some times, Fraktur and Antiqua have had different orthographies.

    --
    John W Kennedy
    "There are those who argue that everything breaks even in this old dump of a world of ours. I suppose these ginks who argue that way hold that because the rich man gets ice in the summer and the poor man gets it in the winter things are breaking even for both. Maybe so, but I'll swear I can't see it that way."