Re: Draft Proposal to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2010 - 16:05:46 CDT

    Am Dienstag, 3. August 2010 um 02:04 schrieb ich:

    KP> I have compiled a draft proposal:
    KP> Proposal to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters

    In the meantime, I have submitted a final version to the UTC
    (L2/10-280), as the UTC starts upcoming Monday (2010-08-09).
    For those who do not have access to L2, it is also found at:
    http://www.pentzlin.com/Variation-Sequences-Latin-Cyrillic.pdf (4.4 MB).

    Thank you to all who participated on the discussions on this list.
    According to your hints, I have:
    · dropped the proposed variants for Latin small letter s
      (addressing Fraktur/Blackletter), as the special aspects of these
      are to be handled in a separate proposal (if such will be done).
    · dropped the "unspecific" variants for Latin small letter a and g,
    · rewritten substantial parts of the introduction, to be more concise
      at the points which had raised questions on this list and elsewhere.

    - Karl Pentzlin