Re: number padless?

From: ChiGuy (chiguy3@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2010 - 13:18:35 CDT

  • Next message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Accessing alternate glyphs from plain text (from Re: Draft Proposal to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters)"

    Ok, well I just tried both tricks out in WordPad, and they both work in
    both.
    Neither worked in Notepad. Neither worked in the text area of Paint.
    I am connecting WordPad to your RichEdit comment and the fact that it saves
    as .rtf, correct?

    On a related note, you know I brought this up because a new laptop I am
    considering does not have a number pad, not even in tandem with the FN key
    on the letters.
    Well another odd bug/feature is that the function keys, F1-F12, are
    secondary, and used with FN only. Their other uses, like with a media
    player, are primary, and do not require the FN key. So if the F5 key has
    the play button, it would play the player by itself, and if you wanted to
    press F5, you'd need the FN key. Even to close a window, you must press
    FN-Alt-F4. Anyone else noticed this? Any way to toggle?

    -D