Re: ,,semi-virgula''

From: Janusz S. Bień (
Date: Mon Sep 06 2010 - 02:10:11 CDT

    Thanks for all the comments.

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

    > First, is "semivirgula" a good name? Google shows that it often refers
    > to semicolon. "Caudatum" seems to me even more misleading because it
    > should refer simply to ogonek (to the best of my knowledge, the
    > distinction caudatum/ogonek is made only internally by the editors of
    > the dictionary of 16th century Polish).

    As no other name has been proposed, I will stick for the time being to

    As for the encoding question, I have not yet reached a conclusion.

    Best regards

    dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
    Prof. Janusz S. Bien - Warsaw University (Department of Formal Linguistics),,