Pie Crust Symbol Design

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 04:43:41 CDT

    I am designing a symbol with the intention that it can be used in pie crusts for gluten-free pies. This will hopefully help reduce and hopefully eliminate scope for errors in restaurants and hotels where some pie crusts may be made from wheat or some other grains containing gluten and some pie crusts may be made from special gluten-free flour. I am aware that there is a symbol sometimes used on food packages for indicating gluten-free status, yet that consists of a circle and a cancel line and an ear of wheat. It is fine for print on packages yet seems to me too detailed for use on pies. The design that I have produced is based on the idea of the letters f o and g (from "free-of-gluten") all combined into a symbol. The idea is that the symbol is distinctive and could easily be handmade from pastry in a kitchen and looks the same from opposite ends of the pie. My question is this please. Does anyone know if this symbol or anything similar to it in design is in use for any other purpose please? William Overington 29 September 2010

    pcsd0001.png