VeriSign has released an updated Idn Sdk

From: Colosi, John (jcolosi@verisign.com)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2010 - 12:18:13 CST

    All,

    VeriSign has recently made available an updated version of its Idn Software Development Kit. The package can be downloaded here <http://www.verisign.com/domain-name-services/current-registrars/internationalized-domain-names/index.html> .

    VeriSign's updated Sdk implements the latest IDNA standard. The software supports both C and Java language applications. The package also contains a portable Java GUI that will do batch conversions. There is an enclosed Registrar's Guide that should help explain the features of the tool, but it's fairly straight forward. For most windows users, launching the GUI conversion tool is as simple as double-clicking the JAR file... but your mileage may vary depending on your environment.

    VeriSign is encouraging registrar clients to become familiar with the new implementation. The .com/.net registry will begin accepting registrations under the new IDNA standard on January 15th, 2011. In order to stay in sync with the registry, our Multilingual Conversion Tool <http://mct.verisign-grs.com/> will be updated on the same date. For data conversion prior to January, again I would recommend the standalone GUI tool.

    We're looking forward to questions, comments, and suggestions.

    -- John

    John Colosi | Naming Services | VeriSign, Inc.
    Å 703.948.3211 È 703.967.4062 Ê 703.421.8233

    This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
    immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission.