Re: Utility to report and repair broken surrogate pairs in UTF-16 text

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 08:20:51 CST

    Jim Monty <jim dot monty at yahoo dot com> wrote:

    > I'm surprised I'm having difficulty finding an existing utility
    > to repair broken UTF-16 text. I thought this was something many
    > programmers would need, especially Web developers.

    It may be that broken UTF-16 text doesn't appear that often in the real
    world. Certainly it's a test case that should be detected and handled
    (and I always do so when rolling my own transcoders), but perhaps not
    many people besides you have actually been bitten such that they needed
    such a tool.

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­