RE: Combining Triple Diacritics (N3915) not accepted by UTC #125

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 12:01:20 CST

    You can put diacritics over an arbitrarily large base by using an accent object in a math zone. For example, in my email editor (Outlook), I type alt+= to insert a math zone and then (a+b)\tilde<space><space> to get

    [cid:image001.png@01CB80BE.389DD340]

    (wide tilde over a+b). Evidently linguistic analysis yet another field in which mathematical typography is useful.

    Murray

    image001.png