RE: Application that displays CJK text in Normalization Form D

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2010 - 16:24:27 CST

    > FA47 is a "compatibility character", and would have a compatibility mapping.

    Faulty syllogism.

    FA47 is a CJK Compatibility character, which means it was encoded
    for compatibility purposes -- in this case to cover the round-trip
    mapping needed for JIS X 0213.

    However, it has a *canonical* decomposition mapping to U+6F22.

    The behavior in BabelPad is correct: U+6F22 is the NFC form of U+FA47.

    Easily verified, for example, by checking the FA47 entry in
    NormalizationTest.txt in the UCD.

    --Ken