RE: coloured characters

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 10:02:06 CST

    QSJN 4 UKR <qsjn4ukr at gmail dot com> wrote:

    > What are the coloured characters like U+1F49A GREEN HEART? I do
    > understand, "green" means "backslashfilled" and not "green" in fact.
    > Am I right?

    GREEN HEART basically means that the mobile-phone image for which this
    character is intended to provide interoperability is usually displayed
    in green. Other than that, it's merely a unique name.

    > Isn't it a kind of madness red green heard?

    I have no clue what this sentence means. Polyglot 3000 said it was
    English, with 50% recognition accuracy, but I'm not so sure.

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­