Re: Code element: "pgl" for "Primitive Old Irish"

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2011 - 08:53:29 CST

    Marion Gunn <mgunn at egt dot ie> wrote:

    > (With apologies for cross-posting to several e-lists of experts, but
    > this matter is of some importance to Irish users.)

    Be that as it may, there is nothing ietf-languages or Unicode can do
    about it. It is an internal matter of ISO 639-3/RA. They have already
    announced that the current change request cycle "will be delayed for a
    minimum of two months," in all likelihood due to staffing turnover.

    > Question is, can formal _publication_ of code elements (updated list
    > of all 2010 assignments in ISO 639-3) be expected any time soon?

    Last year's report (not announced as exceptionally delayed) was
    published on January 20, so I personally would not expect this year's
    report before mid-March.

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­