Re: On the possibility of encoding some localizable sentences in plane 7 (from Re: On the possibility of encoding webdings in Unicode)

From: Martin J. Dürst (duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 06:13:22 CST

    On 2011/01/28 16:50, William_J_G Overington wrote:

    > My idea does not seek to do that. I am suggesting that there be a finite number of localizable sentences. It could be hundreds, maybe thousands eventually. I am thinking that Unicode could encode a few to start in plane 7 in Unicode 7.0 so as to get started and then more could be added gradually with each update to Unicode as people discover particular needs.

    Even if you start just with your "gluten-free restaurant" sentence,
    there's hundreds of things people some are allergic against (or
    otherwise have health problems or just can't stand), so that single
    example already gives you hundreds of sentences. And there's obviously
    much more to talk about.

    Regards, Martin.