Re: General Category of Latin subscript small letters

From: Benjamin M Scarborough (benjamin.scarborough@utdallas.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 12:15:43 CST

    The General_Category isn't stabilized. According to Unicode's own stability policies [http://unicode.org/policies/property_value_stability_table.html], only the General_Categories Cc, Co, and Cs are immutable. Any other values for General_Category may still be changed.

    In a similar situation to the subscript Latin letters, U+2071 SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER I and U+207F SUPERSCRIPT LATIN SMALL LETTER N had a GC of Ll through Unicode 5.1.0, but in 5.2.0, the GC was changed to Lm.

    So yes, the GC of these subscripted letters may still be changed, and I am of the belief that they should all be Lm.

    --Ben Scarborough