Re: Characters

From: Mark Davis ☕ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 12:51:38 CST

    *There are many caveats with any such data gathering, so don't put too much
    reliance on the following figures. *

    The relative proportions of languages on the web have English declining but
    still at well over ⅓, Chinese (S) growing to about ⅐, then come Japanese,
    German, Russian, Spanish, Korean, French, Polish, Chinese (T), Arabic,
    Portuguese, Italian, Turkish, Dutch, with others less than 1% each.

    In the last years there has also been a bit more (relative) growth in
    smaller languages. The distribution looks like the following:

    1σ - top 6 languages
    2σ - next 24 languages
    3σ - next 37 languages

    Mark