RE: Encoding of invented items (from RE: Assigning a plane for mapping digits for many different bases)

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2011 - 01:11:01 CST

    On Thursday 10 March 2011, Erkki I Kolehmainen <eik@iki.fi> wrote:

    > Mr Overington,
    >
    > Who do you propose should participate in the secret ballot?

    All users of Unicode, both individuals and bodies corporate, that choose to vote.

    > I'm quite happy with the UTC and SC2/WG2 agreeing on this and other issues.

    My view is that technical progress is important and should not be restricted because of policies that unfairly restrict opportunities. There is no representation at all for many individuals in relation to the development of Unicode and ISO 10646. I feel that the situation is unfair in relation to opportunities for people who are not representing an organization.

    William Overington