Re: Font containing greek combining marks

From: Jukka K. Korpela (jkorpela@cs.tut.fi)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 07:16:40 CST

    Otto Stolz wrote:

    > Particularly I have not found any font containing U+0342, nor U+0345.
    > For U+0342 COMBINING GREEK PERISPOMEMI, I could well substitute U+0303
    > COMBINING TILDE; but for U+0345 COMBINING GREEK YPOGEGRAMMENI, U+0328
    > COMBINING OGONEK is a rather poor stopgap.

    Strangely enough, the page
    http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0342/fontsupport.htm
    says that U+0342 is supported only by Lucida Sans Demibold and Lucida Sans
    Regular (which I don’t have, and my Lucida Sans Unicode doesn’t support it),
    but on my system, both Arial (version 5.01) and Arial Unicode MS contain it,
    as well as U+0345.

    Disclaimer: I was testing this on Word 2007 only so far, and Word might do
    some tricks, like silently picking up a character from a replacement font.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/