Re: Three modest proposals

From: Martin J. Dürst (duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 19:32:50 CDT

    On 2011/04/05 18:58, Michael Everson wrote:
    > On 5 Apr 2011, at 09:40, Michael Everson wrote:
    >
    >> "Regular" cards (whether European or North American) *are* historically identical with "esoteric" cards. We unified them on this basis. For my part I think the unification is satisfactory enough (and you know how I am about over-unification). However, if you think that this unification was an over-unification, then perhaps we could work together to disunify them.
    >
    > To accomplish this we would need 157characters in addition to the ones already encoded:
    >
    > 14 cards in the suit of Roses
    > 14 cards in the suit of Shields

    I'm not aware of any Roses or Shields (or Acorns or Bells for that
    matter) with more than 9 cards per suit. The cards 2 to 5 are
    non-existent. Also, there is no queen (the Knight is taken to be
    equivalent to the Queen; that by the way will mess up the
    'character/glyph equivalence).

    But if they don't exist somewhere else, I'm sure somebody somewhere made
    them up :-(.

    Regards, Martin.