Re: [unicode] Re: Lao Script Block - Missing Letters

From: <mpsuzuki_at_hiroshima-u.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:51:48 +0900

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:20:37 +0100
Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On 29 May 2011 19:37, Vinodh Rajan <vinodh.vinodh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was going through the Pali Tripitaka in various scripts here: http://budsir.mahidol.ac.th/
>
>Marc Miyake discusses other unencoded obsolete Lao letters at:
>
><http://www.amritas.com/100410.htm#04102320>
>
>>Are these characters currently not encoded in Lao ?
>>or are they considered variants of any of the already encoded characters ?
>
>Obsolete characters and characters used for transliteration would be
>candidates for encoding. But nothing automatically gets encoded by
>itself -- it requires someone who is knowledgable about the script to
>gather the evidence, create a font and make a proposal.

Returning to the original question, Lao texts on
http://budsir.mahidol.ac.th/ are following to any
existing convention for Lao script, or for a
transliteration by Lao users? Sorry, the site looks
like a site for registered users, I've not checked
the contents by myself.

One of the possibility I don't want to see is that
the text was a per-character replacement of Thai
text by Lao characters, and Lao users have different
transliteration convention.

Regards,
mpsuzuki