Re: ISO 15924 update

From: Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:31:59 +0100

On 23 Jun 2011, at 18:29, Peter Constable wrote:

> Reminds me: I've heard that the official Romanized name for Oriya script in India is changing to "Odia". Should that be documented as an alternate name in ISO 15924?

I wouldn't rush to do this proactively, if you're asking me. The name has been Oriya in English for 200 years. The usual scientific transliteration is oṛiā anyway, and "Odia" will never get the right pronunciation from English speakers. The letter in question is ଡ is [ɽ], which is defintely not a [d].