Re: Mail filtering, and Tulasi - (was) Re: Everson's Ahom proposal

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:09:35 -0700

On 6/26/2011 3:28 AM, Petr Tomasek wrote:

> It seems thus that tulasi had harvested the "emails" he/she found
> within the unicode mailing lists' archive...
>
>> I request people replying to people to verify whether a mail is
>> directed to the list or to them personally.

Thanks for alerting me to this. I reviewed the mail headers on messages
I have received from "tulasi" and have found, likewise, that these
messages have reached me directly (that I, via BCC) and not, as the
"from" field suggests, via the list.

I would consider this practice deceptive.

Many people send me messages directly as well as via the list. I don't
have problems with that, because these people do this openly, using the
"cc" field. Even if I receive the direct copy first, I know that what I
have received is a copy, and not the message that has gone through the
list (and seen by others).

When faced with deceptive mailings of any kind, I usually end up finding
a way to rout these into my junk folder in the most expeditiously
possible way.

I hope everybody knows how to deal with deceptive email.

A./