Re: Unifon

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:05:55 -0600

Michael Everson wrote:

> There's also such a thing as over-unification, though.

Right, and I'm not arguing for or against unifying Unifon with Latin, or
indeed for or against encoding it at all. I just don't think the glyph
variations Christoph was describing were tantamount to hiding totally
different characters behind a font hack.

Perhaps the use of the term "smart font" was unfortunate, as it might
evoke the type of Latin/Greek hack Karl mentioned.

I do worry about encoding even more letters that are intended to look
identical to Basic Latin letters, because of the spoofing issue.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­