Re: Prepending vowel exception in Lontara/Buginese script ?

From: Tom Gewecke <tom_at_bluesky.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:03:09 -0400

On Jul 25, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Philippe Verdy wrote:

> It seems that the script is supported only on MacOS, where there are
> effectively commercial Buginese fonts designed for Mac (example one
> font from Xerox : I've not tested it, I would need a Mac before even
> buying that font).

That is because Mac's use AAT instead of OpenType fonts for complex scripts, and in AAT the reordering is indeed generated in the font rather than in the rest of the OS. But making AAT fonts is complex and there are in practice very few available.

Did you really mean Xerox, or was it XenoType? That's the only one I am aware of:

http://www.xenotypetech.com/osxBugis.html