Record-A-Thon is tomorrow – help record 50 langauges in a single day

From: Eric Muller <emuller_at_adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:15:53 -0700

From http://blog.mightyverse.com/2011/06/300-languages-record-a-thon/

    On July 30th, 2011 we will meet at the Internet Archive in San
    Francisco, where volunteers will record the Universal Declaration of
    Human Rights <http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml>
    (UDHR) in their native language(s). Mightyverse volunteers will
    assist recording at several recording stations. Each station will be
    equiped with a video camera, monitor, lighting, microphone and
    Mightyverse PhraseFarm teleprompter system to enable the capture of
    spoken language. These high quality recordings of native speakers
    will be made available at archive.org <http://archive.org/> under a
    Creative Commons license.
    Mightyverse is excited to support the Long Now Foundation
    <http://longnow.org/>’s 300 languages project in its July 30th 2011
    record-a-thon <http://rosettaproject.org/record-a-thon/>. The goal
    of the 300 languages project is to record spoken language that has
    parallel translations in at least 300 languages. Towards that
    effort, Laura Welcher and her team at The Rosetta Project
    <http://rosettaproject.org/> (an ongoing effort by The Long Now
    Foundation) have identified texts that already exist in parallel
    translations. Of those texts, we at Mightyverse were especially
    excited by the UDHR.

Signup for UDHR Recording:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEM2cW9wSm4za0VmSHZwTEI2amxhNUE6MQ

Also, it will be a fun day with free form language recording, some
speakers at the beginning of the day and at lunch and there'll be food
and prizes for people who record.

Eric.