Re: RTL PUA?

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:09:23 +0530

On 08/19/2011 08:59 PM, Michael Everson wrote:
> Please write me a rendering engine that will correctly
> processhttp://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/engsvanyali.html on
> the Mac OS, Linux, and Windows. Thanks.

Heh, it seems from a superficial look through that you could stick the
required glyphs on top of an Arabic encoding and it would work.

And I never said *I* could do it. I only said a sufficiently qualified
programmer could do it. [I don't go beyond basic C and Python.] Behdad
could (but so far he's staying out of this thread!).

And I grant you your point of free font making software being available,
but still proper OT/Graphite/AAT tables have to be made (to render all
those contextual forms in this conscript), which calls for some
expertise at least. You would then say that this expertise is less than
the expertise required to create a rendering engine. Ah well.

--
Shriramana Sharma