Re: Endangered Alphabets

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:47:50 -0700

Unicode is not architected for code pages. As John said, if you want to use
code pages—reusing the same bytes for different purposes—then ISO 2022 would
probably be your tool of choice.

Within Unicode, you are free to use PUA codes for whatever purpose you want.
If you get enough people together who want to assign code pages in PUA
space, go for it. You might also look at
http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/.

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*