RE: Code pages and Unicode

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:54:08 -0700

Maybe we should step back a bit:

> I'm not calling for any change to existing major aloocations. However,
> this is about time we allocate (not PUA) large number of codes to a
> code page based sub codes so that not only all 7000+ languages can
> Freely use it without INTERFERENCE from Unicode and have the freedom
> to carry out research works, like we were doing with the legacy 8bit
> codes.

Can you provide some detail about these research works that have to do
with encoding characters and are projected to require more than the
137,468 code points available in the PUA? What sort of "INTERFERENCE
from Unicode" needs to be avoided, and are we talking about encoding or
architectural decisions or what? (There must be a GREAT DEAL of
perceived interference here, because of the capital letters.)

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­