Re: RTL PUA?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:47:41 +0200

2011/8/22 Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>:
> On 08/22/2011 12:01 AM, Peter Constable wrote:
>>
>> If you mean a rule to substitute [g1 g2] with [g3] won't apply if the
>> sequence processed by the OpenType Layout lookup processor is [g2
>> g1],
>
> Peter, actually I suspect Philippe is thinking that in the case of RTL, the
> *glyphs* are placed in reverse order and then he is asking how can the
> ligation take place.

No, I've not said anything about ligation. But yes the problem is
related to the expected reverse order of glyphs, for some PUAs, but
not necessarily all of them (not the LTR runs of PUAs, after Bidi
resolution). Ligation is a completely orthogonal problem (not really a
problem because it is already solved).