PRI #203: Proposed Update UTS #10: Unicode Collation Algorithm

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:03:26 -0700

The Unicode Technical Committee has posted a new issue for public review
and comment. Details are on the following web page:

     http://www.unicode.org/review/

Review period for the new item closes on October 24, 2011.

Please see the page for links to discussion and relevant documents.
Briefly, the new issue is:

PRI #203 Proposed Update for UTS #10: Unicode Collation Algorithm
http://www.unicode.org/review/pri203/

This proposed update aligns with Unicode 6.1, and includes the following
changes:

* A major revision to the ordering of variable characters into groups,
separating punctuation and symbols. Some other characters have changed
ordering as well.
* A new option for sorting, IgnoreSP, that ignores (shifts) only
whitespace and punctuation (and not general symbols)
* Clarifications or fixes to text on soft-hyphen, contiguous weights,
and collation grapheme clusters.
* A new section on asymmetric search.
* Review notes for new UCA verification tables, and several other areas
where the text will be changed.

To supply feedback on this issue, see
http://www.unicode.org/review/#feedback .

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements