Re: Need for Level Direction Mark

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:47:32 +0200

In that case, there remains only one alternative: encoding new
characters with another (existing) Bidi class. The problem will
immediately come: you'd need to duplicate lots of characters (it could
be the case for all visible characters, including whitespaces, that
are neither letters or digits or combining characters, and that don't
have a strong RTL or LTR directionality: much more than just CS
characters).

For me the stability of Bidi classes should only concern existing
characters, it should not limit new characters (or new scripts) that
may need new Bidi classes, as it would not break existing texts
rendered in existing implementations.