Re: Noticed improvement in the Code chart link http://www.unicode.org/charts/

From: Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:06:47 +0530

delex r said on Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:42:46AM +0530,:

> It is seen that the linked pdf documents have some kind of
> copyright© 1991-2010 which I guess signifying a period of validity
> of such copyright. If so (I may be in need of some US legal
> information now), should it not be proper for Unicode to make
> revisions/corrections to these documentations (especially on this
> Assamese/Bengali issue) through its own investigative
> initiatives/efforts at this point of time before getting extensions
> of such rights (?) from authorities concerned? ….lest they should
> fall into some kind of copyfraud accusations in near future.

What has copyright to do with this?

And regardless of whay you say, both Bengali and Assamese are well
supported in most leading operating systems - Microsoft's Windows
(AFAIK), and most of recent GNU/Linux distributions. If any OS does
not support your language, you should get in touch with developers of
that OS.

Of course, if the developers say that something is wrong with the
Unicode standards, of course, you can bring up that issue here.

I am not speaking for the UTC. Or my employer (which is not the UTC,
BTW). I am speaking for myself.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
That men do not learn much from the lessons of history is the most