Re: Solidus variations

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:16:38 -0700

On 10/7/2011 11:27 AM, Hans Aberg wrote:
> The context I have in mind is a computer that largely sticks to the ASCII tradition, but otherwise uses new Unicode additions to make input more math-like.
Hans,

that's essentially the same goal as behind the design of the
"Mathematics Linear Format" described in Unicode Technical Note #28
(http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn28/UTN28-PlainTextMath-v3.pdf).

You could do worse than making this your starting point. Murray has
spent years, probably decades working out the details of this format and
there are working implementations that use it.

A./