Re: Re: Continue: Glaring mistake in the code list for South Asian Script//Reply to Kent Karlsson

From: Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 08:29:44 +0530

Naena Guru said on Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 08:34:44PM -0500,:

> My only wish, but only a dream, is that the names of fonts be standardized
> to have a prefix indicating the script and the encoding method. E.g.
> sing-u-[name] – meaning this is a Sinhala font with Unicode code page
> sing-t-[name] – meaning this is a transliteration to SBCS of Sinhala to
> SBCS.

Font names is not relevant for properly UTF* encoded text.

Sigh.

IF you had tried to understand Unicode (the encoding system, not the
organisation), you would have realised that Unicode will work with any
compliant font wich contains the requisite glyphs.

I really admire the patience and preservance of you "white skinned
Americans and Europeans". It is really difficult to deal with people
who will refuse to understand what Unicode is, and how it works.

But I do not know Sinhala. If your language has problems, please
enumerate them.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
Sent from my Computer. Running Debian GNU/Linux