Re: [indic] Lack of Complex script rendering support on Android

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 21:07:48 +0530

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Christopher Fynn <chris.fynn_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Although Adnroid devices "support Unicode" - it seems there is no
> support for complex script rendering on almost all Android devices
> which makes them pretty useless for text communication in all Indian
> languages (and many others too)

Just got my new Sony Ericsson Neo V today. Has inbuilt support for
Devanagari/Bengali rendering. Perhaps they are processing through each
Indic block in order! Hoping that future FOTA updates will add support
for other Indic scripts (especially Tamil) too. No built-in Indic
(even Devanagari) input methods though...

--
Shriramana Sharma