Re: empty codepoints at 00 and FF?

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:08:51 -0800

On 12/12/2011 11:54 AM, Peter Cyrus wrote:
> I'm sure this is explained somewhere, but I can't find it.
>
> Must blocks leave the first and last codepoints unassigned?
Which blocks were you looking at - if you had looked around you'd not
find many examples with 00 unfilled, a few more with FF unfilled
(usually because blocks are filled from the front and not all blocks are
full).

All codes ending in xxxFFFE and xxxFFFF are, however, reserved as
non-characters. That affects the last block on each plane.

A./