Re: Upside Down Fu character

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluck_at_csail.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 04:14:02 +0800

(12/01/04 2:46), Michael Everson wrote:
> What's the inline markup for "display this glyph upside down"

Say,

for the Web. You need to prefix "transform" ("-moz-", "-webkit-", etc.)
for the time being.

(12/01/04 3:10), Leo Broukhis wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Does the upside down character ever appear in plain printed text
> (newspapers, books, fortune cookies), or only in drawings?

I am interested in the use case for such a character too. As a native
Chinese speaker, I don't recall seeing any in plain printed text. (I can
imagine creative novel writing using such a character but I just haven't
seen any).

For what's worth, the second most commonly used ideograph to be placed
upside down would be

春(spring) CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-6625

If we are really adding this character, depending on the use cases, this
character could probably go into the Emoji category and have a
surrounding diamond, to symbolize the poster. See [1] for pictures of
the posters.

[1]
https://www.google.com/search?q=%E6%98%A5%E8%81%AF&hl=zh-TW&site=webhp&prmd=imvnsfd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=11oDT7_wKK2aiAeu6JjEAQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=642

Cheers,